Summertime is heating up the northern hemisphere, while our Southern Hemisphere members are heading into Fall and soon, Winter. Thanks to social media and our twice-weekly Zoom calls, everyone gets to experience the changing seasons and the lives of our members around the globe. It's a wonderful perk of IPCA membership.
Please welcome our two new Board members, Helen Wyland-Malchow and Rosana Van Horn. Helen has taken on the role of Vice President of Membership Development and Rosana, the new role of Vice President of Global Outreach. Both women have years of experience as volunteers, educators, and as IPCA members. We are still seeking someone to fill the Secretary position and we are always recruiting members for committee roles. The current committee needs are as follows:
- Regional Representatives to report news from artists and guilds/groups for the IPCA newsletter; encourage participation in IPCA membership and programs.
- Event committee: 2022 Global Exhibition; IPCA in-person events
- Zoom: event facilitators, program leaders (demos, etc.)
- Calendar: adding guild events/meetings, classes, and other events to the IPCA calendar.
- Social Media: moderating Facebook groups; suggesting content for Instagram and Pinterest
- Technology: experienced video editor to help extract useful content from recorded Zoom events
Finally, please welcome 90 new and renewing members for 2021. Memberships fund our programs, like the Global Exhibit, our Zoom meetings, and deposits on venues for in-person events. THANK YOU!
Have a safe summer/winter season!