This year’s theme is “themeless” Yes, that’s right there is no theme! A catalog of all submissions will be published following the voting.
We look forward to seeing the works of art that you choose to share with us.
The IPCA Awards Committee
September 10, 2018 through January 31, 2019 – Submissions of Entries Accepted.
February 1 - 14, 2019 – jurors evaluate work, elect category winners and best of show
Feb 7-21, 2019 – Online Voting by IPCA members for “members’ favorite”
Open to all polymer artists. Nonmembers please visit this link to join in advance or add a membership to your submission fees.
- IPCA member or student: $15 for the first entry - $10 each for an additional entry – maximum 3 entries total
- Non members: $25 for the first entry - $10 each for an additional entry – maximum 3 entries total
- Student – aged 16 – 22, must provide proof of enrollment in school.
- Emerging Artist - this is their first juried exhibition.
- Applicant Artist- has participated in other juried exhibitions
Wearable Jewelry - Examples (not limited to): pendants, earrings, brooches, bracelets, ensembles, diadems, hair ornaments and rings. Works must be functional and fabricated predominately from polymer.
Functional Containers - Examples (not limited to): hollow vessels, boxes, receptacles, reliquaries, bowls and purses. The use of an internal armature is accepted in this category. Completed works must be fabricated predominately from polymer.
Non-functional Sculpture and Hanging Art - Examples (not limited to): sculpture (figurative and non-figurative), polymer mural wall pieces, portraits, landscapes or as mosaic compositions. The use of an internal armature is accepted in this category. Completed works must be fabricated predominately from polymer.
Mixed Media - This category combines polymer with other fabrication techniques such as wood working, steel/iron forging, metalsmithing, fashion/clothing and furniture. Although the use of polymer isn't necessarily predominate in this category, it must be recognizable as such in the finished piece of work.
Jurors will select winners for:
- Best of Category, by entry level
- Best of Show - will receive a cash prize of $500.
IPCA members will vote for the Members' Favorite.
- Members' Favorite - will receive a cash prize of $250.
- All winners will receive the International Polymer Clay Association Award for Excellence
- All entries will be featured in the on-line version of the International Polymer Clay Awards catalog, available to only IPCA members.
- A printed version of the International Polymer Clay Association Awards catalog will be available for purchase.
- All jury selected artists’ entries will be featured in IPCA promotional PR releases for the International Polymer Awards as well as magazine ads promoting IPCA membership and events.
The entries submitted must be recent work, within the last 12 months.
Digital File Requirements
JPG files at 300 dpi that do not exceed 800 pixels wide or tall.
The Naming Convention for Your Image Files: 2018_ContactID_number of entry.
Submit two images of each entry. Images and descriptions will be submitted via email. Instructions will be sent to you after your event registration has been recorded.
The Digital Image & Composition of Your Entries
Please make sure your images are clear, in focus and of professional quality. These are images for juror evaluation and not for retail sale or promotion. Kindly do not use a logo or name identification and keep the background plain.
An Entry Includes:
Two digital images of your piece, title, description (200 words or less), list of materials used and dimensions of the work of art.
Please take time to prepare a concise and interesting description of your piece. The jurors will be taking this into consideration during their evaluation process.